Wednesday, August 5, 2009

5/24/08

HEY MY GIRLS!! I am moving--not to Maine as previously planned--but to DC!!! I have been offered a job at the school where I have been consulting for a year and a half--they have been so pleased with my work that they want me to to be there more!!

Babbo knew I was MAYBE going to do this, but I swore him to secrecy because I did not want to tell YOU three until I had a firm commitment from the school-=---and that just happened THIS MORNING. Whew!! The principal has had me on a string for 6 weeks deciding if they could hire me at the rate I need.

It will be a half-time hourly job, 20 hours a week--at a good rate--enough to live on and some more--no benefits, I think, but actually I can get health insurance until I finish my degree-- and I will be almost old enough for Medicare by that time!! (SEE?? There IS a reason for my sloth.)

I am going to try to live in the general neighborhood of the school-- Columbia Heights or up Georgia or 13th-- in fact, there was a nice English basement at Arkansas and Emerson....--it would be too funny. Actually, I want to be a bit closer so I can walk as often as possible. As you know, Columbia Heights is literally booming-- new condos being built at Georgia and New Hampshire, 14th and Irving--and there is a new shopping center at 14th and Irving-- Target, Marshalls, Best Buy-- fantastic--plus the restaurants and night life are amazing.

On the 2nd I go to DC for the last session of this year and will house hunt then. Babbo has left his car for me to use--so nice. Gwen and Ken were cheering for me, too--Janet, too--Libe doesn't know yet. It will be so fun to have lots of friends again!!

The OTHER part of the story is that Aunt Carolie is coming for two weeks-- I pick her up tomorrow from Minneapolis--she is ostensibly going to help me pack, but really will decompress from a major stew of problems in Alb--the soap opera continues....Will we survive two weeks together??? Well, as noted above, I will be gone for 4 days anyway, so that is GOOD.

I have to start the new job around August 18-- so will do the actual move the first week of August. I am coming to help you , Moommie, whenever you can figure out you want to move--I am guessing the last week of June? I will try to get to Maine mid-June and will come in and out of Maine until towards the end of July. I have two contracts then--one in South Dakota, one in New Orleans-- July/August in N'awlins----MISERY!!--MONEY!! After those, I will come back here and load my load and head for DC.

I would LOVE it if you guys would call me so we can chortle over this wonderful news. I am excited to get out of Wisconsin and even more excited to have regular money coming in--=work has been good, but so irregular that I can never quite get far enough ahead to weather the dry spells.

So much going on for us ladies, huh???? Mir, we will have to post pictures all over the web--and Julie, too-- keeping us up to date on plans-- and 'Na showing us what she is creating over the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment